The college publishes a graduation ceremony announcement once per year to support every 24-month graduation class. Each student who wishes to graduate must obtain a Petition to Graduate Form at the beginning of the quarter prior to the last quarter in which he or she intends to graduate. Students must meet with their academic advisor to complete a program evaluation, review cumulative grade point averages, and transcripts to determine eligibility for graduation. Students that are conferred for graduation shall be sent an Academic Approval Letter and Graduation Confirmation Letter.
Petition to Graduate Deadline
Each candidate for graduation must meet all of the following requirements:
- Have a minimum of 60 hours of course work in accordance with specific degree requirements;
- Have successfully completed Personal Transformational Leadership is a co-requisite (required for all students at OT Academy);
- Earn a grade point average of 3.0 or better in all coursework;
- Have successfully completed a program for an academic major;
- Have a minimum overall cumulative quality grade point average of 3.0 and have a minimum cumulative qualitative grade point average in all work attempted at OT Academy;
- Be registered during the academic year in which the learner’s graduation occurs;
- OT Academy is not currently accepting credit or transfers from other educational institutions;
- Have the recommendation of the faculty to graduate;
- Make application for the degree in which the learner is registered to ensure criteria is met at least a minimum of 45 days from the identified OT Academy graduation date;
- Pay a non-refundable graduation fee of $75 by the required date;
- If the degree candidate fails to meet graduation submission requirements, the student must wait until the next identified date to receive his or her degree;
- Satisfy all financial obligations to OT Academy.