• Dr. Tammé Shinshuri
      July 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM #6065

Assignment

Complete two (2) of the following discussion questions as you engage and participate in the community with others. Share your perspective and experiences in the eCourse forum. Be certain to read and comment on other student posts, and ask clarifying questions.

• Which intelligences do you currently possess?
      • Which intelligences are you open to further developing? Why?
      • How important is it to you to develop your multiple intelligence? Why or why not?
      • Explain how you will overcome your personal fears and challenges to developing all of your intelligences?
    • KimAlyse Popkave, M.Ed.
      July 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM #6162

Which intelligences do you currently possess?

I believe I possess all of the nine intelligences, to one degree or another. The three most developed of my intelligences are Interpersonal, Intrapersonal, and Linguistic. My Logical/Mathematical intelligence is also fairly well developed.

The three that I rely upon most heavily as an educator and as a business person are the ones pertaining to communication: Interpersonal, Intrapersonal, and Linguistic. I tend to utilize these the most as I create programs and books to help others achieve success.

July 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM #6163

How important is it to you to develop your multiple intelligence? Why or why not?

It is imperative that I take the opportunity to further develop the intelligences that I have already developed, and it is also essential that I develop those intelligences that are not as developed. Why? Simply because, if we do not take the opportunity to keep developing ourselves, we will stagnate. Stagnation is death.

Socrates once said, “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates was very correct here, and I would add that the underdeveloped life is not worth living.

• July 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM #6165

The 3 intelligences I possess are Reading, Writing, and Thinking Correctly… Reading is very important to me because with it I would not be very smart… Reading inspires me to believe the past. future. And present revolves around getting an education..It is wise so when I became a schlor in my profession I put reading first. I don’t want to be I illiterate. e. Writing helps me to think clearly…and thinking correctly involves being aware of my surrounding…. Protecting myself from dangerous situations. . College Courses help me to lead a successful Life…It will take me a lifetime to continue to develope these 3 personal and challenging intelligences… Monanica Debb . 07/27/2016.,,

• July 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM #7399

I the intelligence’s that I possess include the interpersonal, intra-personal and logical and mathematical. It has always been a natural instinct for me to sense people’s feelings, thoughts and upcoming actions. For the most part I am good at understanding myself and identifying why I am having issues. The other area that possess is logical, and mathematical. I like to say I am not good in math, but I am good with numbers. Meaning I like to calculate, budget and plan accordingly and in order for things to make sense, I need to understand the logic “the why”.

July 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM #7401

Hello, Monica.

I understand exactly what you mean about Interpersonal and Intrapersonal intelligence. They are two of my better developed intelligences, along with the Linguistic. Logical/Mathematical is also fairly well developed for me – not that I am a great mathematician, but, as an educator, the logic of things fascinates me.

• July 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM #7400

It is very important for me to develop in multiple intelligence because I know I could be a better me, if I could expand my skills in the other intelligence’s that I don’t excel in.  The two that I would really like to develop are in Linguistic and bodily kinesthetic.  I would like to be quicker when word searching and I lack body and mind connection. I am horrible at dancing and any type of coordinated moves. I know personally for me, I would feel better overall with this two additional skills.

July 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM #7402

Hello, Monica.

It seems that I am fully in agreement with you again. You say that your bodily kinesthetic intelligence is not well developed. I, too, suffer from that. I would love to improve my coordination. Perhaps, as I get healthier, I will take some dance classes, not only for the health benefits of dancing, but also for training my coordination.

• Anita Johnson
      July 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM #7420

While I can see myself in each of the intelligence, I believe I am more existential and bodily kinesthetic.

I am a yoga student. Yoga uses both these intelligences. Existential trying to understand why and of course bodily kinesthetic that keeps me moving.

July 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM #7426

Hello, Anita.

What other intelligences would you want to further develop? How would developing these specific intelligences be beneficial?

• Dr. Monique Benjamin
      July 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM #7430

Of the Multiple Intelligence traits, I have gained Interpersonal skills that I utilize to develop personal relationships. I enjoy getting to know individual personalities and developing deep, personal relationships that are substantive in nature. From these relationships I have been able to connect with students from various backgrounds because I have an innate ability to understand and connect with diverse populations.

I need to work on my Intrapersonal skills and continue to further my own confidence in my ability to accomplish my goals. I have bouts with confidence when I am unsure of the outcome, but I’m learning to trust the process of life, and understanding every interaction and circumstance is for a beneficial reason.

July 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM #7462

Hello, Monique.

Perhaps, one of my strongest intelligences is interpersonal, so I can very much relate to what you have said about your strengths in utilizing interpersonal intelligence. Please know that you can always reach out to me for further discussion of this.

You mention that you would like to further develop your intrapersonal intelligence, as a way of boosting your confidence that you can accomplish your goals. Might I suggest that you grab a copy of Super Conscious Model for Living by Dr. Tamme Shinshuri. This book is quite insightful, and putting into practice the exercises and meditations in the book can help. Also, I am open to discussing a coaching relationship, as I do coaching as part of my business. I am thinking of one tool I have that I know would prove valuable to you. Let me know if you are interested.

• Keisha Austin
      July 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM #7707

I believe out of the multiple intelligence traits, I have developed intrapersonal, interpersonal, existential & kinesthetic. I have the ability to understand people as well reach out to others from different walks of life. I am very confident in myself when it comes to certain obstacles but can sometimes doubt myself but I am working towards bettering myself and not giving up when things seem tough or new. My life is mostly about building relationships through dance so I believe kinestheic, linguistic,and existential play major parts in this area.

However, logical & mathematical or traits I pray harder for everyday. I hate math and trying to figure it out. I am great with certain logical traits but in some areas such as figuring out shapes and circumferences and things like that, are very difficult. I would love to work on utilizing them. I feel like its a must that I do

I like to read so I will do more research on how to better myself with those skills.

July 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM #7717

Hello, Keisha.

It seems as if you have given this a good bit of thought.

Take it from someone who is also not a math maven, it takes more than just research to improve in this area. Combine your research with a sense of play. Experiment with the math problems. This may help.

• Michele Dodson
      July 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM #14480

Which intelligence do you currently posses.

Intrapersonal as well as interpersonal would be my main ones. I have  always been very introspective, even as a small child. I am also a caretaker so knowing the needs of those around me has been something that I have cultivated from a young age. Logical- mathematical intelligence is also very high for me. I am currently working on improving my bodily- kinesthetic  intelligence for work.

• Michele Dodson
      July 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM #14481

How important is it to you to develop your multiple intelligence?

I don’t focus on improving an intelligence per say. I work on learning things that interest me. And if my intelligence goes up in an area from focusing on my passions, then that is great. I find as I get older I am becoming a more rounded person, However I do have areas I struggle with and probably always will. In regard to those things, I work on not beating myself up over them. Because some things are difficult doesn’t make me less than someone else, It is just part of me. I excel in somethings and come up short in others  .

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Start typing and press Enter to search