Lesson 5.1: Single-minded Intelligence

Home Forums SO101EM Exemplary Student Academics Lesson 5.1: Single-minded Intelligence

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Keisha Austin 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

OT Academy
    Keymaster

Assignment

Complete the following discussion questions as you engage and participate in the community with others. Share your perspective and experiences in the eCourse forum. Be certain to read and comment on other student posts, and ask clarifying questions.

• What other professional roles can you name that fit the definition of single-minded intelligence?
    • What is your opinion on the subject of single-minded intelligence? Share your likes and dislikes.
  • Author
    Replies

Latasha Armstrong
    Participant

One profession that comes to mind when I think about single-minded intelligence is a “dishwasher”. This individual sole purpose is to ensure that all the dishes are clean and ready to be used. My opinion of a single-minded intelligence is that an individual that’s not utilizing their creativity. If you are not willing to think outside of the box then you will limit yourself. One thing I like about single-minded intelligence is going back to the profession of a dishwasher. I am an individual who loves to dine out quite often, so I have great relief knowing a dishwasher primary focus was ensuring that all the dishes are clean, I would not want someone getting too creative in this position.

Dr. Shinshuri
      Keymaster

Latasha:

LOL at your comment regarding creativity in dish washing. I can see your point here. I’d like to point out two other professions (medical surgeon and dentist) that should adhere to single-minded intelligence. I would not want a coronary (heart) or podiatrist (foot) doctor performing surgery on my head/brain. Nor would I want an eye doctor performing a root canal.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Dr. Shinshuri.

Keisha Austin
    Participant

I also LOL to the dish washing. I would like to add to the single-minded intelligence, for example, a police officer job is to protect and serve ad to help prevent crime, if I had a fire i can call 911 but an officer couldn’t put the fire out, they would direct your call to the fire department.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.