• Dr. Tammé Shinshuri
      July 22, 2016 at 9:41 AM #6080

Assignment

Complete the following discussion questions as you engage and participate in the community with others. Share your perspective and experiences in the eCourse forum. Be certain to read and comment on other student posts, and ask clarifying questions.

• How will you create an integrated learning experience for students? (200 words)
      • What methods will you use to create a safe haven for open communication? (200 words)
    • KimAlyse Popkave, M.Ed.
      July 22, 2016 at 9:41 AM #6285

How will you create an integrated learning experience for students? (200 words)

To create truly integrated learning experiences for students, I will be very participative in the eCourse Forums to drive the topic discussions forward with follow-up comments and questions to prompt further thinking. Also, in sharing my experiences with some of the topics, I will encourage students to share their experiences, if they have experiences with the topics. Also, I would encourage students to do further research and bring that into the discussions. Perhaps, the employer/partners and clients who give us projects for our students may be willing to join an eClass session to speak with students to share their perspectives and experiences. In this way, learning experiences can be fully immersive and integrated.

• KimAlyse Popkave, M.Ed.
      July 22, 2016 at 9:41 AM #6286

What methods will you use to create a safe haven for open communication? (200 words)

Because we can learn so much from the experiences of others, it is important that we establish a safe haven for communication. One way to do this is to have all participants in the communication situation have a discussion of ground rules for communication. Then, the participants (students and faculty) agree on rules of respectful communication, such as: keeping any disagreements on topic level rather than on personal level, listening actively to each other, and allowing every participant to have a voice. Participants should agree to disagree, without resorting to personal attacks. All participants should listen with empathy to be supportive of each other. Also, it is important that all participants agree that what is brought to the group stays within the group. A safe haven for communication can be created with the establishment and adherence to these ground rules. All it takes, is an atmosphere of Unconditional Love. The facilitator must model unconditionally loving communication.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Start typing and press Enter to search