• Dr. Tammé Shinshuri
      July 22, 2016 at 8:28 AM #6060

Assignment

Complete two (2) of the following discussion questions as you engage and participate in the community with others. Share your perspective and experiences in the eCourse forum. Be certain to read and comment on other student posts, and ask clarifying questions.

• Share one or more examples for each of the elements and how you feel each may be represented from a learning perspective.
      • Which of the FlexLearn™ Octaves do you like the most? Why?
      • Share how you can co-create the learning experience with others in the virtual classroom using one or more FlexLearn™ Keys.
    • KimAlyse Popkave, M.Ed.
      July 22, 2016 at 8:28 AM #6120

Which of the FlexLearn™ Octaves do you like the most? Why?
      At this point in time, I am really enjoying three of the FlexLearn™ Octaves: Construct, Explore, and Interact.
      I am enjoying the Construct Octave, because it is based upon the element of Intelligence. It is allowing me the opportunity to tap into Universal Intelligence and apply what I learn to develop content, so others may also learn. Through Construct, I am able to create eCourses to impart knowledge to others.
      The Explore Octave appeals to the educator in me. As an educator, I am also an avid student, exploring the terrain of any subject I study. I truly enjoy the process of becoming fully immersed in a topic, taking the opportunity to investigate the subject matter and see how it fits in with what I have previously learned.
      The Interact Octave provides me with immense enjoyment. It is based upon the element of water, which is fluid, and emotional. This octave allows for truly immersive, social learning, at its best. Taking the opportunity to connect with other faculty and with students to explore topics together provides energy to my learning experiences. Collaborative learning is truly a gratifying phenomenon.

• Dr. Shinshuri
        July 22, 2016 at 8:28 AM #6171

Great examples! I too find it hard to focus on just one FlexLearn Octave because the educator and explorer in me has a natural affinity toward all of them. My eclectic nature won’t allow me to focus in on only one. I have to access and use them all in every learning experience. If I don’t, I’ll never be satisfied. Variety and multiple perspectives has an esoteric and intelligent wisdom naturally inherent in its expression. I just love it!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Dr. Shinshuri.
      July 22, 2016 at 8:28 AM #6136

Share how you can co-create the learning experience with others in the virtual classroom using one or more FlexLearn™ Keys.
      In an eClass Session in the virtual classroom, the FlexLearn™ Keys that I believe would be most beneficial in creating a collaborative environment are Group, Facilitate, and Forums.
      For example, as faculty, I would facilitate the learning experience by guiding students to post answers and comments in the eClass Forum. By asking probing questions on the topic of the session, I would guide students to think and respond, then read and respond to the postings of their peers. Of course, I would also participate in the Forum, posting my own comments on the topic and responding to students to support their learning and encourage them to further probe the topic. For the team projects, I would have students work in their groups, and I would support each team by responding to their questions and reviewing their comments. I would ask thought-provoking questions and encourage students to build their working relationships.

• Candice Thomas
      July 22, 2016 at 8:28 AM #6258

Which of the FlexLearn™ Octaves do you like the most? Why?

Hello Everyone,

Although all of the Octaves are extremely important and useful to both students and facilitators, I have to say that (at this moment) I like the Interact Octave. The Interact Octave allows facilitators and students to interact, communicate, and collaborate with one another. I feel that this is the best way to gain knowledge and be successful, not only in education, but in life. Students have the opportunity to share ideas and contribute to the class discussions and projects which helps to create an enjoyable learning experience.

Candice

• Candice Thomas
      July 22, 2016 at 8:28 AM #6259

Share how you can co-create the learning experience with others in the virtual classroom using one or more FlexLearn™ Keys.

Hello Everyone,

For the virtual classroom I would use groups and forums to help facilitate the class in order to promote socialization among students. I would also use the chat feature to answer questions and help students as needed. It is important to have these Keys in a virtual environment to keep students engaged in the learning process. Through groups and forums we will work on projects together and engage in the learning process together so that everyone has the opportunity to participate and contribute to the class. I will use forums to help encourage participation in discussions by asking questions for clarification and more in-depth responses, while allowing students to gain more knowledge and learn from each other.

Candice

• July 22, 2016 at 8:28 AM #7376

The Flexlearn octaves that I like the most is the “Water”. The reason for this is because it seems to be the most social option. I am naturally a social person, so this flexlearn octaves allows me to chat, facilitate, and be accessible. The others are great options to, but because my personality is an outgoing I thrive on the social and know the importance of communication, this is my favorite octave.

July 22, 2016 at 8:28 AM #7392

Hello, Monica.

You talk about liking “Water” as a FlexLearn™ Octave. Yes, ” Water” has to do with communication, which is so vital in a collaborative, flexible learning environment. However, “Water” is one of the basic elements of our physical world. What is the FlexLearn™ Octave to which it relates? What octave deals with communication: chat, video-conferencing, forums, etc.?

• July 22, 2016 at 8:28 AM #7377

I believe you can co-create learning experience with the flex octaves in a virtual environment through all of the octaves. You just have to apply these applications into the forums and chats. For example, if you need to apply the “earth” and “ever” octave, you can coordinate via “water” through communication. It applying these learning skills to the current learning environment (this example being virtual). The fact that is is virtual should not affect the learning behaviors. With technology today, we can easily communicate and share ideas to discover on our own (self discovery) or as a team (experimental and group).

July 22, 2016 at 8:28 AM #7393

Hello, Monica.

I agree with you that it should not matter that the learning environment is virtual, when in a flexible learning experience. Can you give some specific examples of how you can apply the FlexLearn™ Keys?

• Anita Johnson
      July 22, 2016 at 8:28 AM #7410

The FlexLearn Octaves I like the most would be air. Why? I believe it is more flexible. You have auto books, digital etc. The way we receive information today is through social media that lets us take the information anywhere.

July 22, 2016 at 8:28 AM #7413

Good morning, Anita.

You say that the FlexLearn™ Octave you like most is air, because it is flexible. Air is one of the basic elements of our physical world. To what FlexLearn™ Octave does that relate?

Also, you briefly mention taking information anywhere through social media. Can you please elaborate on this with some specific examples?

• Anita Johnson
      July 22, 2016 at 8:28 AM #7411

To co-create experience, I would use air and water. Because both air and water is movable. Both flows. Because the cultural is virtual and learning is done through the web-we get our news and most of out social life is virtual.

I can visit with my granddaughter who lives in Germany through Skype and only miss the hugs. I remember having to travel a distant to see my grandmother.

So we have come a long way so air and water moves us forward.

July 22, 2016 at 8:28 AM #7414

Hello, Anita,

I am not quite certain that I follow your line of thought here. The question is asking what FlexLearn™ Keys you would use in the virtual classroom. You mention air and water, which are basic elements of our physical world that relate to FlexLearn™ Octaves. Within those octaves what FlexLearn™ Keys, specifically, can you use in the classroom with your students to co-create an immersive, flexible, social learning experience?

Please reflect on this and bring some specific examples to this discussion.

Thank you.

• Anita Johnson
      July 22, 2016 at 8:28 AM #7418

What does Flexible Education mean to me?

I am grateful for the Flexible Education, although it wasn’t call Flexible Education when I received my education. I was able to work with a group of classmates that were just as eager to work with me as well.

We had to be discipline to get through the projects together. I am very happy for the group participation. To have the accessibility to professors as well the up to date computer information. I like the access to the library. Having that access made a difference in my reports as I know it will for the upcoming students.

• Dr. Monique Benjamin
      July 22, 2016 at 8:28 AM #7427

The FlexLearn Octaves are Create, Curate, Explore, Develop, and Publish. Each octave is crucial to the learning experience for each student. At the Create  octave students can use data to create content to plan and design their lesson plan. This is the first step to developing effective curriculum. The Curate octave is where students are to organize, search, and manage their design to produce a measure report. A measure report is a report that analyzes the data collected in the production of the course design that is being prepared for delivery. Through delivery, the information collected is delivered to the classroom via virtual or traditional classroom environments.

• Dr. Monique Benjamin
      July 22, 2016 at 8:28 AM #7428

Of the various FlexLearn Octaves, I enjoy the Curate Octave. I enjoy the cultivation of a project design and watching the project come to fruition. I think organizing the ideas and data to create a design structure is a very pivotal stage in education. At this stage, students are expected to have a thorough understanding of the information that is to be presented, and the purpose behind that meaning of the educational design.

• Michele Dodson
      July 22, 2016 at 8:28 AM #14477

I like the octave Explore the most. Encouraging people to learn through exploration of a topic. Being able to really dig in to topics that are of interest to an individual makes learning easy and enjoyable. People learn more when they are looking into things of interest to themselves. Also, when people find their passion in the line of study they choose, they no longer need to be told to learn, they will actively seek out answers to questions that they have.

• Michele Dodson
      July 22, 2016 at 8:28 AM #14478

How to co-create the learning experience in the virtual classroom using one or more flexlearn keys.

Any of the keys could and should be used to create a virtual learning experience. It would depend on who I was collaborating with to make the lesson as well as who the lesson was being directed to. I would do my best to hit at least all learning styles once, to ensure the most amount of understanding. Using keys that address visual, kinesthetic/tactile, auditory learners equally.

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Start typing and press Enter to search